Tips for Writing Your Item Descriptions
Here are a few bonus tips to help as you write your product descriptions. Experiment with them to see what works best for you!
- The most important item in your description should be at the top. Think about an inverted pyramid. It will also optimize the way your description display in the Google search results.
- Become friends with bullet points. Using short paragraphs and bullet points will make it easier for your customers to digest the information. Think of your bullet points as a way for buyers to have their questions answered. (For ideas on what questions to answer, see this article.)
- Use keywords as both headers, in the title, and in the paragraphs! This will make your listing show up in search engines more effectively than just keywords in tags.
- Use 'I' statements. This helps personalize your listings and will help you relate to your customers. Be courteous and polite in your descriptions.
- Add a link at the end! Don't let customers disappear when they reach the end of your listing. Redirect them to your profile.