Do you want to sell with us?
Then be sure to keep scrolling and read our F.A.Q.
SELL WITH US
The Handmade Pop-Up is a curated semi-annual event. We are looking for innovative artists and makers that take great care in what they do and how they present themselves. Our events take place in the Spring and during the Holidays. We generally open our applications in February and August.
Currently we are not accepting applicants. If you'd like to be notified when applications open again, please click the button below.
WHAT IS THE HANDMADE POP-UP?
The Handmade Pop-Up is an online-based market featuring handcrafted goods from artists and artisans across the globe. Our goal is to connect shoppers with a high quality collection of goods, so we carefully review all applications to ensure a unique shopping experience for all. The 2018 Holiday Show will run take place in November, applications will open in August.
WHAT DO WE LOOK FOR IN A VENDOR?
We are looking for original and well-crafted work that is handmade or designed by you. This includes embellishing or altering an existing item in a creative way. For instance, using a mug made by someone else and painting your design on it is acceptable. Assembling various components in an innovative way also falls under our definition of handmade. For instance, using beads or supplies provided by someone else and assembling them in a creative way. Please review our current vendors to get an idea of what we are looking for.
What are the benefits of participating?
We use our combined audience and reach to help you increase your sales and push more exposure for you and your brand (some of this may happen outside of the event as an indirect benefit). All accepted vendors will be listed in the Vendor Directory on our website, and we’ll also offer vendor spotlights and features on our blog (at our discretion and permitting space on the editorial calendar), as well as a curated selection of features on the CYL and Maker’s Movement websites and social media feeds (again at our discretion-joining the event is not a pay-for-feature).
Products may also be included in gift guides and promotional materials. Please understand that all accepted items may be categorized in the gift guides and online shop to maximize the shopping experience. For example, a category named For The Happy Camper might consist of a collection of goods for the outdoorsy type.
Let's break it down a little more:
- A platform with an engaged audience to sell your amazing work! We average over 20k visitors to our online shop alone during out 12-day pop-up event.
- Inclusion on our website roster! This roster stays live before the event and for the following few months post-event (until our next round of event vendors is live). Meaning ongoing visibility for your business!
- Network and collaboration opportunities! As a part of The Handmade Pop-Up you will be invited into our vibrant creative community. This means the opportunity for connections, collaborations and other exciting activities. We also facilitate and host live educational opportunities leading up to the event to help everyone find success during the pop-up and continued success in their business well after the event.
- Potential social features! Between our various platforms we have an active following of nearly 200k users. We handpick and showcase exceptional participants on our social media leading up to and during the event.
WHAT IS EXPECteD OF ME?
Of course we want this to be as easy on you as possible, but there are a few things we will ask:
- First off, meeting all deadlines and submission requirements is crucial. Once you are approved as a vendor, you will receive an email outlining next steps and how to submit your products. We will also send you promotional graphics to help promote the pop-up. Although we will be working hard to promote the online market and our fabulous vendors, it only benefits yourself and the group to help spread the word! Just as IRL markets, we can not guarantee sales, despite our best efforts-we can only offer the platform to do so.
- Shipping your items is the responsibility of you, the vendor. All vendors are required to ship internationally. Shipping deadlines will be outlined in the on-boarding email following acceptance, and it is important to honor these to ensure smooth production of the event.
- Item pricing guidelines will be sent to accepted vendors. Vendors will be responsible for setting their own shipping rates, and we can accommodate various flat-rates for different regions, i.e. flat-rate price for USA/CAN/UK/AUS/INTL. We will provide tables/templates to gather this information.
- We have a give-back model built into our event. Every pop-up we choose a cause to support. We ask that vendors are comfortable with us offering 10% off the total cart amount to be donated to this cause.
WHAT HAPPENS AFTER I APPLY?
Acceptance emails and on-boarding details will be sent within two weeks after applications close.
The on-boarding packages will include next steps, the prep and event timeline, item submission details, shipping guidelines, and anything else you should know moving forward. Once vendors have been welcomed, we will add the Vendor Directory to our website and begin promotions!
Please note, we are using an email service for acceptance emails that can be temperamental, so please check your spam and promotions folder to ensure your email didn’t end up there. We can not be responsible for lost emails. Therefore we highly advise you to add email@example.com to your contacts so you never miss an email.
If we do not have the capacity to accommodate all applicants and consequently cannot accept you, your vendor fee (either $35 or $65 depending on the option chosen) will be refunded in full. The $20 jurying / processing fee is non-refundable.
WHAT IF I NEED TO CANCEL?
As we are working on such a tight timeline and have budgeted the number of participants accordingly, cancellations will be non-refundable after acceptance emails have gone out. If you don’t wish to participate after accepted, please let us know and we can remove you from the mailing list. Keep in mind, your vendor fee will not be refunded at that point.
WHAT ARE THE COSTS?
$35 USD for 5 item listings
(up to 5 variants* / maximum cumulative inventory of 10 per listing)
$65 USD for 10 item listings
(up to 5 variants / unlimited inventory)
Plus a $20 USD NON-REFUNDABLE jurying / processing fee.
We want this online market to be mutually beneficial for everyone involved. As you can imagine, there is a lot of time and prep that goes into facilitating this market (each single event is about 4-5 months of behind-the-scenes work). In addition, we incur website fees, domain costs, advertising, etc. These fees helps balance the time and resources invested, ensuring a worthwhile experience for all.
*We can accommodate variation options within listings (color, size, etc), but the max inventory per listing is 10 (unless you opt for the second vendor tier).
Ex. A: 5 small shirts, 5 medium.
Ex. B: 2 white shirts, 3 black shirts, 5 pink shirts.
Note: The Handmade Pop-Up does not take any percentage of your sales. The only fees that are deducted from your sales are the processing fees (2.9% + 30¢) and the 10% that goes directly to a non-profit.
Still have questions? Click the button below to contact us!
WANT TO APPLY?
While applications are currently closed, you are welcome to add yourself to the waitlist by clicking the button below.